Civil and Military Usage of Non-Lethal Weapons
Why are weapons created in the first place? These are made in order to protect people. If they want to cause harm to other people, they would use these weapons. The kinds of weapons that people have used through the years have changed. There was a time when they were all large and hard to bring around. Right now, the weapons that people are using can be portable.
Another main difference is that people do not need to be in the military to use non-lethal weapons. Some are being offered to the general public for protection. What exactly is a non-lethal weapon? This is going to be different from night vision devices. Night vision devices are items that you are meant to use at night. They can help illuminate your surroundings or they may also help you see clearly at night.
What is a Non-Lethal Weapon?
Some people refer to the non-lethal weapon as the less-lethal weapon. This is a type of weapon that is meant to provide as much pain as possible to people. There are some weapons that are meant to kill people immediately. Non-lethal weapons may not be deadly but expect that people are going to experience a lot of pain and discomfort.
Some policemen and other military personnel are given access to non-lethal weapons. The goal here is to control riots that are happening. This may be more usual before the pandemic but even if the pandemic has already taken place, riots still happen in different parts of the world. In the eyes of the military, the only time that people are going to stop is when they use non-lethal weapons.
Non-Lethal Weapon for Civil Usage
People have started to learn more about self-reliance over the past years. They have started to take better care of themselves. One of the things that they do right now is to protect themselves from harm especially when they need to go out at night. Some of the best items for civilians are the following:
- Tactical Flashlight – A tactical flashlight is something that has been designed for the military. Now, this is being made available for a lot of people who need it. They are known to be smaller than the usual flashlight so they are very portable. This is usually made up of weapon-grade aluminum to ensure that it will be durable.
- Hyperwhistle – From the name itself, you can already guess what this does. This type of whistle will be so painful to people who will be hearing it. This will stop people from moving so you will have enough time to run away. This can also be a great item to use when you are in the wilderness.
- Tactical Keychain – This is something that can be used for self-defense. This is made out of the lightweight aluminum stick. This can be used as a weapon in order to break some bones.
Non-Lethal Weapon for Military Usage
You can expect that the military will make use of a lot of non-lethal weapons. These can be used in different situations. Like mentioned earlier, some can be used to control riots. At times, it can be used to train the military to become stronger. Some of the non-lethal weapons that can be used are the following:
- Shotgun taser – Each shotgun round will come with a self-contained laser. This means that it will usually fly up before it would hit the target. There are six different electrodes that will attach to different parts of the body to produce shock.
- Sponge grenades – This may seem like the usual grenade but this will usually slam into the target and cushion the impact. This will lessen the chances that people will get seriously hurt in the process.
- OC dispenser – This is meant to make the skin become more agitated. People who get hit by it will usually feel some sinus and respiratory issues.
There are a lot of non-lethal weapons that are available. It will be wise to be aware of the different ones. Your knowledge about these things will definitely help.
Leave a Reply