Some people are familiar with non-lethal weapons. Some of them refer to this as less-lethal weapons. No matter how you call them, you know that you need to know as many details as you can about them. These items are not the same as night vision devices. They may not only allow you to see clearly at night. They are meant to be used so that you can inflict damage without killing anyone.
US Law Regulation of Non-Lethal Weapon
Non-lethal weapons have been created specifically to prevent the increase of number in the fatalities. It is a known fact that whenever there are some issues that people cannot resolve, they would use weapons. A lot of weapons are meant to kill people. Less-lethal weapons are meant to just hurt people and not kill them.
The regulations may change a bit from one country to another but for the United States of America, these things should be noted:
- It is not advisable for people to use non-lethal weapons in order to emerge victorious for any war.
- There are only times when the military can use them. For example, they can be used for training. They can also be used to control riots and other unwarranted activities.
- It will be wise to get to know the different types of non-lethal weapons that are available. There is a lot that can be used. For example, there are some policemen that make use of pepper spray to disperse large crowds. Lasers can be used in order to make people leave certain areas especially if they are not supposed to be there.
It will also be ideal to know the different non-lethal arms and their different types. Remember that all of them are meant to incapacitate people in different ways. Some of the factors that are available are the following:
- Cost – Some will be more expensive than the others which means that some of them will also be more accessible.
- Access – There are some that can easily be purchased online without the need to get any license.
- Ease of Use – There are some that would require practice before they can be used properly.
The usual types of non-lethal weapons are the following:
- Blunt force objects – There are different objects that may fall under this. The baseball bat is an example of a blunt object. It can be used for protection but as long as you will not swing it too hard, it will not be enough to kill anyone.
- Electrical Weapons – There are different weapons that make use of electricity to stun people. The taser is one of the examples. This can stun people for a certain time so that you will have the chance to run away.
- Irritant Sprays – Pepper spray is one of the examples of an irritant spray. It can be sprayed on the eyes of the assailant. This will be enough to make people close their eyes in pain while you will have the chance to run away.
There are some that can be readily available. Some can even be purchased online. Some non-lethal weapons can also be created. It would depend on you which one you would like to have. Just make sure that you will use them according to the regulations.